Introduction to the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO):
In an effort by the General Authority of Customs (GAC) to develop relations of partnership and cooperation with the private sector, for the purpose of facilitating international trade movement in line with the standards of the World Customs Organization, an authorized economic operator program was launched on 29/01/2019. Those participating in the program will be granted customs benefits and facilities, provided that they adhere to the controls approved by the GAC.
Authorized Economic Operator Program: -
It is an initiative to build and develop partnerships and cooperation with the private sector. The program consists of an integrated system of specific steps and procedures undertaken by a team dedicated to assessing and verifying commitment to the requirements of the program, under which facilities and privileges are granted to companies that fulfill these requirements.
Conditions for Program Application submitted by Candidates
To accept applications from companies interested in joining the AEO program, in the category of import and export companies, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- A company must be operating in the State for a period of no less than three years.
- A company must submit an application to join the program, in the form prepared by the GAC, together with required documents (legal file, organizational structure, financial statements or reports for the last three years) Appendix No. (2).
Requirements for Joining the Program:
Approval to joining the AEO program will be granted, once the following requirements are met:
- The customs situation of the applicant is sound, i.e. lack of criminal offences, in the previous three years, which would have an impact on the assignment of the capacity of an AEO to the applicant. The Facilitation and Compliance Department, in coordination with the Legal Affairs Department will undertake a study of the gravity of the committed customs offences.
- The applicant has a stable financial system, in the previous three years, in accordance with the accounting rules and principles generally accepted in the State.
- The applicant has a proper business record keeping system approved by the GAC.
- The applicant must adhere to safety and security requirements in accordance with the international standards stipulated in the framework of the World Customs Organization standards for security and facilitation of the supply chain in international trade.
Authorized Economic Operator Program Guide
Companies joining the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) program
1.||Abdullah Abdulghani & Bros. Co. W.L.L.|
|2.||Widam Food Company|
|3.||Qatar Steel Company (Qatar Steel)|
|4.||Qatar Airways Group |
|5.||Saleh Al-Hamad Al-Mana Company |
|6.||Baladna Food Industries|
|7.||AL MANAA Motors|
|8.||AL MANAA United Motors Company |
|9.||JAIDAH MOTORS AND TRADING COMPANY|
|10.||URBA CON CO|
|11.||GULF AGENCY COMPANY QATAR|